CXO-Cockpit Self Study Guide: Create Report
Create new Report
1. A next step in configuring the Web application is the creation of a new Analytical Report. We are going to create a Profit and Loss statement based on our Financial Statement template.
2. Before we can create that report, we first must create a list with the proper P&L accounts.
The following grid appears:
Check Include for account, activate another cell in the grid so the Account row turns green and click close.
8. Now, enter the following accounts (in this order)
Don’t forget to Save
9. The result must look like:
Now we want to use this Member list in a report and the report in turn must be added to a menu-group.
10. Go to the Templates section and select 'Reports by Template' if necessary. To create a report, we first select one of the available templates. In this case we select the Financial Statement template.
Right-click the template and select ‘Create new report’.
11. The New Report Name will be ‘Profit and Loss’.
Leave the rest unchanged and press Next.
13. Now the Report still uses the wrong list. To specify the new 'P and L' list, select the Report Parameters window (right of the Preview window) and click in the Value field of the Rows parameter. Select 'P and L':
15. Format the report as you like (use existing formats or create new ones).
16. If we now re-logon to the Web application, we will be able to access our new report (check it)
Now the final result could look like: