|Product name||CXO-Design Studio|
|Technology||Windows 32 & 64 bit operating systems|
The CXO-Design studio is the place where CXO-Cockpit reports and CXO-Views can be designed and maintained.
This article describes the main features and layout of the CXO-Design Studio.
If you have specific questions check out our Frequently Asked Questions to see if your question is answered here.
You can also check out our Tips and Tricks to read about implementation best practices.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Functionality
- 3 User Interface
- 4 See also
The CXO-Design Studio has the following main functions:
- Create new Application
- Setup Source System Integration
- Setup reports
- Create Free Format Templates
- Setup user security
- Create Cube Calculations
- View Statistics
The default panel layout (see screenshot) can be changed simply by dragging and dropping panels at different places. The customised panel layout will be saved induvidually for each user. The CXO-Design studio always has a current report or template that is being administered.
1. Preview Panel
The preview panel contains a preview of the current report. Any changes to report parameters, dimensions and lists will be directly shown in the preview panel.
Most report features are fully functional, only cross report navigation is disabled.
2. Report Panel
The main task of report panel is used to select a different report or template as current report. The reports are shown in a tree view in two different hierachies:
- Reports by Menu: Reports are grouped by their menu, this view only shows reports that appear in the menu
- Reports by Template: Reports are grouped by their template, this view will contain all reports
Besides selecting a new current report, the report panel can be used for other functionality like:
- Reports: 'Delete', 'Copy', 'Rename', 'Place in Menu' and 'About'
- Menu items: 'Delete', 'Rename' and 'Move'
- Templates: 'Rename','Copy' , 'Create new report from template' and 'About'
3. Parameter Panel
The parameter panel contains all settings related to the current report, it contains two tabs:
- Report Dimensions: Define the dimensionality of all queries in the report and define the Point of View Bar.
- Report Parameters: All report specific settings. Read more about the report parameters in the Parameters article.
4. List Panel
The list panel contains a tab for every List that is defined in the 'Report Parameters'. Use this panel to change list members, formats, formulas, etc.
- Access the Administrative Wizards
- Access the Integration Adapters
- Reload the preview screen and reload the metadata (this is helpfull if something changed to the metadata outside the design studio, or if the previewer should relogon)
- Refresh, Save and Cancel metadata changes (also available in the toolbar at the top)
- Logoff (restarts the design studio)
- Access the System Settings
- Exit the design studio
The CXO-Design studio is using a so called 'Ribbon Interface'. The 'Ribbon Interface' helps the user to setup CXO-Cockpit in a intuitive way. The CXO-Design Studio ribbon bar contains four ribbons:
Report Administration Ribbon
The Report Administration Ribbon contains the commands to create and maintain reports.
- Create New Report: This button starts the Create New Report Wizard (this can also be done from the report panel by right clicking on the required template and selecting 'Add New'
- Create New Template: This button starts the Create New Template wizard, which guides you through the steps to create a Free Format Template
- Menu Items: This button opens the Maintain Menu Groups administration where new menu groups can be added, edited and deleted as well as menu items. A preview of the menu can be seen in the report panel (report by menu)
- Reports: Opens the Maintain Reports window
- Cube Calculations: Opens the Maintain Cube Calculations window
- Maintain Lists: Opens the CXO-Cockpit maintentance window for lists. Use this command to add, copy, delete, rename or maintain lists.
- Maintain Formats: Opens the Maintain Formats window
- Maintain Variables: Opens the Maintain Dimension Variables window
- Narrative Templates: Opens the Maintain Narrative Templates window
- Maintain Help Texts: Opens a list where you can maintain Help Texts. Check this function to enable.
The security ribbon contains all commands to set up security.
- Preview User: Select a user profile that will be used for the CXO report previewer in the preview pane. By selecting a user profile different from your own, you can test how the cockpit looks (Menu & POV bar) for that specific user.
- Groups & Security: read the user groups article
- Users: read the User article
- Report Authorisation: read the Report Authorisation article
On the view ribbon the look and feel of the design studio and previewer can be changed.
- Show/Hide: Select which bars to show or hide, hide all bars in order to maximize the preview screen.
- Zoom: Use the zoom function in order to zoom out the previewer in case of not everything fits in the screen.
The other ribbon contains buttons for: