Hyperion Enterprise:Batch Load
In order to automate the process of extracting and loading data from Hyperion Enterprise there are a couple of steps that need to be accomplished:
- Data needs to be extracted from Hyperion Enterprise. If you want to automate this you will need Hyperion Autopilot.
- Process the Hyperion Enterprise data with a batch-procedure
- Schedule both steps using Windows Scheduler.
This article describes these tasks individually.
Extract data from Hyperion Enterprise using Hyperion Autopilot
- Change Category task
- Extract Enterprise Data task
The Extract Enterprise Data task needs to be configured with the following settings:
- File name: extract the file to the location where CXO-Cockpit can load the file from, name the file similar as the category
- Entity list: specify the list with all entities to extract
- Account list: specify the list with all accounts to extract.
- Start & end period: specify the periods to extract, this is typically first period to last period
- Format: specify a format for extraction, the format needs to meet the following requirements:
- Precision of 9 decimals ;
- Scale is put to 0 (units);
- The Data View is Category-to-Date.
Process the Hyperion Enterprise data with a batch-procedure
To start the extraction of data from Hyperion Enterprise through a scheduled task, you first have to create a batch file with the appropriate command line. Give the batch file a logical name like HE_dataload.bat. You can put it on any location on the CXO-Cockpit application server, but note that the Active Directory user used for the scheduled task has write and execute rights on that folder.
This command-line has the following structure:
"C:\Program Files\CXO Solutions\CXO-Cockpit\Design Studio\CXO.Cockpit.Administration.exe" @app:hetest @cat:ACTUAL @cat:BUDGET @cat:ACT_BUD @trans:1 @process:1
The location of the executable CXO.Cockpit.Administration.exe usually is as in the two examples above, but is can also be on another drive (D:\).
- @app: The CXO-Cockpit application to which the data should be loaded, transformed and processed
- @cat: The HE category to load. This parameter needs to be repeated for every category that should be loaded.
- @trans: Indicates if the data should be calculated and transferred to the fact database. Should be 0 or 1.
- @process: Indicates if the cube should be processed using the fact database. Should be 0 or 1.
- @bulk: Indicates if the data file should be uploaded through SQL server-side bulk load. Should be 0 or 1. Note that since version 4.1 this no longer gives any performance benefit. Default = 0 (No).
Scheduling the extraction task
In the Control Panel you can create a task that invokes the batch at a certain moment or with a certain interval. Read more about scheduling task in the Schedule Windows Tasks article.